Thursday, June 26, 2008

love is blind

i'm not sure why God made us to be this way-- it seems as if when you really fall for someone, every little imperfection disappears. its been so long since i've really really liked someone that i almost can't remember, but i'm writing based on what i see in other people i know. this can probably be a very good thing-- if there are only minor little things that prevent you from being with this person, it helps you look past them. it can also be a very bad thing. for instance, this person may be physically or verbally abusive and you aren't able to see it right away because you are "in love." on a lesser scale, this person may be the worst person for you and everyone around you sees it, but you don't. and eventually this will hurt you.

i just see so many relationships or half relationships where people are getting screwed over. and there have been so many instances where i am made the bad guy in a situation because the other person is "perfect." because they are in love.

now this is me being a little bitter, but do i really have to be with someone to have them on my side?

and do i have to be supportive of a relationship because they are in love, when practically, i don't think that they are good for each other in the long run?

3 comments:

Blakestone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blakestone said...

Im not entirely sure who you are talking about... but you are right. Love is blind. Ive seen abusive relationships, ive seen the results. The results are a lack of trust. That trust is VERY hard to build back. Its something that can scar for a lifetime.

I think you need to be honest with whoever you are dealing with. If you know someone who is in an abusive relationship tell it to them. And dont mince words. Chances are they will deny everything, but you will have planted a seed of doubt. And eventualy maybe, hopefully be able to become free.

Love is very dangerous. God knows this. But it is the ultimate. The ultimate risk for the ultimate gain.

I hope that helps in some small way.

Im glad your blog is back! Summer blogging by myself was getting boring.

Amy said...

oh my Kara... she's so wise!

I don't have that talent. I'm all about the love and I'll take it where I can get it. Luckily I have you to reign me in! sorta.... haha