Friday, February 23, 2007

funny and not so funny story-- my car broke down. the funny thing is my parents just told me i'm not allowed to use the car for the next month so my brother can drive himself to drug treatment every day-- i guess that's not so funny. but it doesn't really affect me personally too much, so i'm a LITTLE more okay with this than i probably would normally be. if my brother can't go to treatment i am definitely not okay with this. anyway, the FUNNY part of the story is that my dad didn't believe it was broken. i've been late for work a few times in the last week because it won't start... and at first we thought it was because it was really cold. but i drove to cub a couple days ago and when i tried to leave it wouldn't start-- and it was definitely not cold enough for the cold to be a problem. anyway, my roommate came to pick me up, but i got it to start so i thought i was okay. i had her follow me and it died 3 times while i was driving it, once in the middle of an intersection and it finally died completely in the middle of the road at bethel. so two days later, my dad came by to pick it up and it started right away, so he didn't believe there was anything wrong with it and he was going to make me drive myself to work the next day. it took me like 5 minutes to convince him that it wasn't safe for me to drive it back and forth on the freeway-- and he was hardly convinced-- but he said he'd take it home and look at it. he drove it and i followed him in the van-- and right before we got to maple grove on the freeway, it stalled-- in the middle lane of 694 during rush hour! we had to push it to the side of the road! and amy just happened to drive by while we were doing it! maybe i didn't describe it well, but i thought it was funny.

as far as my love life... i made myself a boyfriend on sims, and we're almost married. and i played life the other day and i was the last one to marry by far. but i won! so my roommates and i decided that i would marry old, but i'd marry rich. that's about the extent of my love life, other than the mexicans at work that try to hold my hand every time i ask them for salad dressing. just thought i'd share.

love love.

3 comments:

Amy said...

te he hee hee.... you did it justice... but i'll tell my side

::Amy singing along (obnoxiously) to her music:: HAHA look at all that traffic over there while i'm just whizzing by

::Amy looks through the cars:: Hmm that car looks famil... omg!! THATS KARA!!!

::Amy sees a girl that is distinctly Kara pushing a car:: OMG!

oh man... what a vision

Blakestone said...

LOl that is excellent. Haha you are sitting right next to me right now too! what a coincidence! Ok so not really. But are you even aware that im writeing this now i wonder? hmmm. Kara? Oh Kara? If you are reading what im typing as i write this kick me now! .............. ok i got no kicks. haha

Anonymous said...

hehe Sims is awesome!