Saturday, November 12, 2005

Joy and Love and Peace and All That Jazz

Can you believe it?? I had an amazing week! Swing dancing last Saturday was amazingly fun... even tho I didn't really swing dance at all :p, but I'm a huge fan of jazz music and the atmosphere was really fun. And then afterwards I watched Back to the Future for the first time ever-- and it was soooo much better than I thought it would be. I'm not a huge fan of any aspect of the 80's, so I guess I kind of assumed I would hate all 80's movies. But that movie was definitely an exception to that.

Sunday was long... but it was enjoyable I guess. We had a choral festival ALL day-- a bunch of high schools came and sang with all of the St Olaf choirs and then we had a concert at the end of the day. I think the whole thing was about 8 hours... it was exhausting... but there were about 1500 voices and it sounded really good I think. And then there was this adorable old man who has been a director at Luther for a while, and he directed a couple of our songs and he got the greatest standing ovation. He looked so happy... I fell in love with him... and it made me miss my grandpa :( All the guys here thought it was weird to use the word "cute" to describe an old man-- but if you had saw him! That was definitely the best word to describe him.

And then all this week something in me just... broke. Like in a good way. And I've just been overflowing this whole week... like dancing in my room, singing in the shower, smiling all the time kind of overflowing. Its been great. And it was definitely a God thing. There's so much more than I can share in a blog... if you want to know why I'm so happy, just ask... but it will be a long story. :D

Other than that, my week was pretty average. But just being so happy changed everything!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Kara, your an amazing! =) Hahaha, inside joke from last night! I had a goot time with you yesterday, and was happy I got to share the day with you. I'm glad your prayers have been answered....God works in mysterious ways and we never know when or what he's gonna do. That's where faith steps in. Trust in God, great things will come for you.